[ RadSafe ] U.S. Court Orders Government to Stop Collecting NuclearWaste Fees

clayton bradt dutchbradt at gmail.com
Tue Nov 19 12:51:50 CST 2013

Mike Brennan said:
'The root of the problem, I believe, is the willingness of politicians to
accept
false assumptions upon which programs destine to fail are built, and the
symbiotic behavior of regulatory agencies and experts in government in
not challenging those false assumptions, because of the belief that they
are "conservative" and/or give the agencies more power/bigger budgets.'
Mike, I think you give these people too much credit for good faith.  The
powers that be don't actually care whether the assumptions are true or
false, conservative or reckless.  Narrow self-interest is the only
motivator of these people, and how those many separate interests happen to
align at a given point in time determines public policy.  The public good
has no bearing on these things.

Clayton Bradt