[ RadSafe ] Fwd: [New post] Revered California Physician: The problem we face at Fukushima is absolutely huge — I may leave West Coast during attempt to remove nuclear fuel (VIDEO)

Roger Helbig rwhelbig at gmail.com
Mon Nov 25 04:52:59 CST 2013

All who live near this paper should demand that they get the story right.

Roger Helbig
To: rwhelbig at gmail.com

arclight2011part2 posted:
"http://enenews.com/revered-physician-the-problem-we-face-at-fukushima-is-absolutely-huge-i-may-leave-west-coast-during-this-attempt-to-remove-nuclear-fuel-video
Published: November 24th, 2013 at 7:07 pm ET By ENENews The Santa
Barbara Independent, Nov."

New post on nuclear-news

Revered California Physician: The problem we face at Fukushima is
absolutely huge — I may leave West Coast during attempt to remove
nuclear fuel (VIDEO)

by arclight2011part2

http://enenews.com/revered-physician-the-problem-we-face-at-fukushima-is-absolutely-huge-i-may-leave-west-coast-during-this-attempt-to-remove-nuclear-fuel-video

Published: November 24th, 2013 at 7:07 pm ET
By ENENews

The Santa Barbara Independent, Nov. 7, 2013: Doctor Talks Dangers of
Fukushima Fallout; Stephen Hosea Expounds on the Problems with Nuclear
Power [...] The Santa Barbara physician discussed the dangers of
nuclear power plants at a lunchtime conference packed with health-care
professionals at Cottage Hospital [...]

Dr. Hosea’s background is discussed in this Santa Barbara News-Press
article: “He is just a phenomenal doctor, as well as just a wonderful
guy,” said Dr. Elliot Schulman, health officer and Santa Barbara
County Public Health director. “Everyone concurs,” said Peter
MacDougall, past president of the Cottage Hospital board of directors.
“Not only does he have tremendously strong technical competencies, but
his personal modalities with patients, his caring, the deep
sensitivity he shows represent just a terrific model for new doctors.”
“He’s as close to a model physician as you could ask for,” Mr.
MacDougall said. “We are, frankly, blessed to have a man of his
talents.” [...] Government officials consider him a go-to guy,
regularly seeking his advice [...]

“The Perils of Fukushima: What You Don’t Know Really Could Kill You”,
Dr. Stephen Hosea, Published Nov. 23, 2013:

At 30:45 in

Should an event occur [during attempt to remove fuel from Unit 4], all
of the radioactivity is going to go straight up into the air. We saw
where it went the last time that that occurred. This is happening in
the next two weeks. This is a possibility that could happen to each
and every one of us. And I can tell you, it wasn’t until I started
looking into this that I realized this was a possibility to happen. I
certainly haven’t taken any preparations for this. I’m not exactly
sure what the preparations are, but I think we ought to know so we can
at least take whatever preparations we want to take. I may have to
make a visit back to Boston during this period of time to protect
myself from this.

At 37:15 in

In summary, radioactive water continues to leak into the Pacific
Ocean. Radioactive materials at Fukushima are in an unstable,
potentially explosive situation. The potential effect on the water we
drink, the air we breathe, and the food we eat are at best
speculative. Immediate information and action are necessary as soon as
possible. [...] The problem we face at Fukushima is absolutely huge.

Watch the presentation here

arclight2011part2 | November 25, 2013 at 12:48 am | URL: http://wp.me/phgse-fCg

Comment    See all comments

Unsubscribe to no longer receive posts from nuclear-news.
Change your email settings at Manage Subscriptions.

http://nuclear-news.net/2013/11/25/revered-california-physician-the-problem-we-face-at-fukushima-is-absolutely-huge-i-may-leave-west-coast-during-attempt-to-remove-nuclear-fuel-video/

Thanks for flying with WordPress.com