[ RadSafe ] A hybrid camera for locating sources of gamma radiation in the environment - Abstract - Journal of Instrumentation - IOPscience

Cary Renquist cary.renquist at ezag.com
Tue Oct 29 12:39:32 CDT 2013

Open access article -- available for download (requires free IOP
account).

Interesting project.  I don't know if this is the same group that has
been doing this for a few years now, but it seems to be developing quite
well...
I'm waiting for a nice real-time video/gamma-camera hybrid that works
like Google-glass with superimposed nuclide ID, etc. info.

We present a new concept for a portable environmental imaging system,
the Compact Hybrid Gamma Camera (CHGC). This combines an optical and a
gamma-photon camera in a co-aligned configuration that offers high
spatial resolution multi-modality imaging for superposition of gamma ray
and optical images. We report on its potential use for surveying,
monitoring and clean-up of radioactive sources in the environment.
http://j.mp/1amOB4D

Cary
Cary.renquist at ezag.com