[ RadSafe ] Perseid shower plus some fireballs

Dan McCarn hotgreenchile at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 00:44:14 CDT 2014

Hi Maury:

I was contacted by a lady in Santa Fe, New Mexico who had meteor fragments
fall in her back yard last week in a pyrotechnic display.  I apparently was
the closest geologist!  She collected fragments which appear to be
nickel-iron. I've not seen the samples, but I asked her to see if they
reacted to a magnet.  She reported that they did!

Dan ii

Dan W McCarn, Geologist
108 Sherwood Blvd
Los Alamos, NM 87544-3425