[ RadSafe ] Molten Salt Reactor

Sander Perle sandyfl at cox.net
Sun Aug 17 09:49:23 CDT 2014

Here is a link I posted on LinkedIn last night:
http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/187917-startup-gets-funding-for-its-molte
n-salt-nuclear-reactor-that-eats-radioactive-waste

This morning CNN¹s Fareed Zakaria GPS TV interviewed Dr. Leslie Dewan, CEO,
Transatomic Power Corporation. She graduated from MIT with a Ph.D. in
nuclear engineering, with a research focus on computational nuclear
materials. She also holds S.B. degrees from MIT in mechanical engineering
and nuclear engineering. Before starting her Ph.D., she worked for a
robotics company in Cambridge, MA, where she designed search-and-rescue
robots and equipment for in-field identification of biological, chemical,
and nuclear weapons. Leslie has been awarded a Department of Energy
Computational Science Graduate Fellowship and an MIT Presidential
Fellowship. She was named a TIME Magazine "30 People Under 30 Changing the
World" in December 2013, an MIT Technology Review "Innovator Under 35" in
September 2013, and a Forbes "30 Under 30" in Energy in December 2012.

I recommend that if you have the time, you should review the article as well
as the interview.

Regards,

Sandy Perle
Retired, Consultant