[ RadSafe ] Nuclear power plant cooling towers

Maury maurysis at peoplepc.com
Thu Aug 21 09:58:04 CDT 2014

Just curious ... in publicity photos, the cooling towers of a nuclear
power plant are often shown with a full plume of steam floating out the
top into the air.  I believe the intent is to suggest smoke pollution
being released as in pictures of tall industrial smokestacks billowing
smoke into the air.

Does anyone know of any surveys or have information about the extent to
which the public is aware that it is simply steam or condensed water
vapor being released from the cooling towers?  (Or heaven forbid, am I
mistaken? Dog would never forgive me.)

Best,
Maury&Dog   [MaurySiskel maurysis at peoplepc.com]