[ RadSafe ] "Scientific" news - fun

Franz Schönhofer franz.schoenhofer at chello.at
Sun Dec 21 14:53:46 CST 2014

RADSAFErs,

In order to prove that not only Australian, Britsh or US "pseudoscientists"
and journalists can distribute blantant nonsense I forward a recent note in
an well respected Austrian newspaper (or they claim the title of "quality
paper").

Headline: Smuggled uranium detected in train from Russia.

Chisinau: In the Republic Moldavia police has found last week in a train
from Russia 200 g U-238, worth 1.7 million Euros (1 Euro is a little more
than a USDollar). Seven smugglers were put in custody.

It is thought that this most dangerous substance was intended to be sold in
Europe. It is used in construction of socalled "dirty bombs"..........
Experts fear them as a potential terror weapon.

Anybody at RADSAFE with good connections to the terror mafia? The streets of
Vienna are covered with megatons of granite, the uranium radioactivity can
easily detected even with primitive radiation measurements. Moreover large
parts not only of Austria consist of granitic ground. I agree that throwing
cobble stones of granite by "insurgants" might become a problem........

Franz