[ RadSafe ] Outlandish WIPP report

Otto G. Raabe ograabe at ucdavis.edu
Sat Feb 22 13:59:09 CST 2014

At 01:48 PM 2/21/2014, Mark wrote:
>As ridiculous as this article is, I suspect the authors actually
>believe in their fear mongering concerns.  They stem from the
>long-misused LNT that suggests that ANY radiation exposure, no
>matter how small, can kill you.  Just one more reason to put
>radiation protection on to a science-based platform and wait for the
>1-2 generations to let the public's misguided radiophobia 'decay away".
**************************
February 22, 2014

I have written a dozen scientific papers including one in SCIENCE in
1980 that show that
radiation induced cancer is not a function of cumulative dose and
that the LNT does
not apply to radiation induced cancer.

The A-bomb studies involve promotion of ongoing  cancer rates in the
Japanese population.
When Bernie Cohen showed quite conclusively that radon in homes is
not a carcinogen
at low doses and that the LNT was wrong, he was assailed by
establishment scientists
with imaginative but faulty explanations and criticism.

If LNT is the basis for all analyses as is common today,
the findings will always be consistent with LNT, a priori.

Science is supposed to be about truth rather than tradition.

Otto

Prof. Otto G. Raabe, Ph.D., CHP
Center for Health & the Environment
University of California
One Shields Avenue
Davis, CA 95616
E-Mail: ograabe at ucdavis.edu
Phone: (530) 752-7754   FAX: (530) 758-6140