[ RadSafe ] Fwd: Legacy school rad materials disposal

Chris Alston achris1999 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 27 14:48:29 CST 2014

Dan

Marty's points are spot-on.  I'll go a step further, and suggest that
the regs governing the "distribution" and disposal of exempt
quantities, and generally-licensed RAM, can be gnarly, to say the
least.  Logic, as we might see it, is really neither here nor there.

I think that it would help the schools much, if they were to call a
friendly regulatory agent, on the RAM licensing side of the aisle, to
get the lowdown on how best to handle it, and what's permissible, and
what is not.  Or maybe a kindly consultant would donate some pro bono
advice to them (it's probably a tax write-off, what?).

Cheers
cja