[ RadSafe ] Job Opening - Diagnostic Medical Physicist & RSO - Summit, NJ

Hernandez, Marissa Marissa.Hernandez at atlantichealth.org
Tue Jul 1 16:36:07 CDT 2014

Hi everyone,
If you know of anyone who would be interested in & qualified for this job opening (details below), pls have them forward their application/resume to me directly at marissa.hernandez at atlantichealth.org<mailto:marissa.hernandez at atlantichealth.org>.
This position offers competitive compensation & health benefits.
Thanks!
Marissa

Diagnostic Medical Physicist

Overlook Medical Center
Summit, NJ

Atlantic Health System has been chosen by Fortune Magazine for the sixth year in a row as one of the 100 Best Companies to Work For, recognizing the rewarding working environment provided for our employees. In addition, AARP ranked us among the top ten companies in their newest list of Best Employers for Workers Over 50.

We are seeking a full time Medical Physicist to fulfill the duties of Diagnostic Medical Physicist & Radiation Safety Officer (RSO).  This position will report to the Chief Physicist.  Qualified candidate will maintain a QA program that includes testing and calibration for all radiological imaging devices consistent with regulatory requirements & accreditation guidelines. Additional responsibilities include; monitoring radiation dosimetry for  personnel, reviewing and approving policies and procedures, consulting in equipment planning and performing acceptance testing as needed, ensuring ACR and MQSA compliance, monitoring patient dosimetry, educating staff and physicians as needed, take part in teaching Radiology residents,  and performing other duties as assigned.  Qualified candidate will also manage the Radiation Safety Program, ensure compliance with regulations on radioactive material use, and provide 24/7 radiation safety support during emergent situations.
MS in Medical Physics (or related field) and ABR certification in Diagnostic Medical Physics or Nuclear Medical Physics or ABMP certification in Diagnostic Imaging Physics, with at least 3 years hospital experience required.

All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Join us at Atlantic Health System, where new technologies keep us at the forefront of healthcare in New Jersey and beyond.  To learn more about the position and to apply online please visit:
jobs.atlantichealth.org – Req #00081910
Marissa Hernandez, M.S., DABMP
Chief Physicist & Radiation Safety Officer
Manager, Radiation Physics & Safety (Box 31)
Morristown Medical Center
100 Madison Avenue
Morristown, NJ 07962-1956
973-971-5843
973-898-1618 fax
973-880-0342 pager
marissa.hernandez at atlantichealth.org<mailto:marissa.hernandez at atlantichealth.org>

http://www.atlantichealth.org/morristown/

  [cid:image002.jpg at 01CF23FA.E194B850]      [cid:image001.jpg at 01CB7AA4.196A6760]

************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************* Morristown Medical Center is part of Atlantic Health System, one of the largest non-profit health care systems in New Jersey. Through our vision, we empower our communities to be the healthiest in the nation. Accredited by The Joint Commission and NJBiz’s 2013 “Hospital of the Year,” Morristown Medical Center was recognized by U.S. News & World Report as a top hospital nationwide for cardiology, heart surgery, gynecology and geriatrics. The hospital also ranked as a “Best Regional Hospital” for cancer, diabetes & endocrinology, neurology and neurosurgery, orthopedics as well as gastroenterology & GI surgery, nephrology, pulmonology and urology. Gagnon Cardiovascular Institute performs more cardiac surgeries than any other hospital in NJ (1,400 in 2013) placing its cardiac program in the top two percent in the country. Carol G. Simon Cancer Center offers advanced methods to diagnose, treat and manage all types of cancers. Designated a Regional Perinatal Center, we treat the most complicated obstetrical cases and provide specialized care to sick or premature infants. Goryeb Children’s Hospital offers more than 100 board-certified physicians in 20 pediatric specialties. Our hospital is verified as a Level I Regional Trauma Center by the American College of Surgeons and designated a Level II by the state of NJ. Morristown Medical Center was re-designated a Magnet Hospital for Excellence in Nursing Service, the highest level of recognition by American Nurses Credentialing Center for facilities that provide acute care services, a distinction awarded to less than five percent of U.S. hospitals. The hospital is also a member of AllSpire Health Partners. *************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

The information contained in this email is intended only for the use of the person(s) identified above. This communication may contain work product which is privileged and confidential, and may contain content which is regulated by Federal law. If you are not an intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible to deliver this to the intended recipient, you have received this message in error and any review, distribution or copying of it by you is prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately, and delete the message. E-mail and communication system messages generated by members of the Atlantic Health System workforce may not necessarily reflect the views of Atlantic Health System, its officers, directors or management.