[ RadSafe ] University of Michigan News Service | Revolutionary nuclear radiation detector hits the market

Ted de Castro tdc at xrayted.com
Thu Mar 13 12:20:21 CDT 2014

http://ns.umich.edu/new/releases/22038-revolutionary-nuclear-radiation-detector-hits-the-market

Supposedly "A handheld radiation camera":

Has anyone seen one of these work??

It seems the source SHOULD be credible but I can think of so many
reasons it just cannot work!!  I mean a pocket pho gam camera???? really????

Even if it did - it would most certainly only be for VERY high
fields/sources - certainly not the kind of thing "if formerly took weeks
to find" as they allege.

AND certainly not applicable to Fukushima as they imply at least not
outside the plant itself.

IF in fact this IS true - it certainly is interesting.