[ RadSafe ] OT --- Advanced Flight

Dimiter Popoff didi at tgi-sci.com
Sun Mar 16 14:09:51 CDT 2014

On another group ( comp.arch.embedded ) a guy asked an interesting question.

I am copying my answer here - I understand this is off-topic but the
perspective is different and it may be of interest after all, however
whacky it may sound.

Here it is:

> On Sun, 09 Mar 2014 03:36:39 -0700, Paul Rubin wrote:
>
> > This relates to the very sad event of a Malasia Airlines jet
> > disappearing over the Pacific a few days ago, and may be of relevance to
> > c.a.e. readers.  Source url:
> > http://media.freescale.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=196520&p=irol-newsArticle
> >
> >     Freescale Semiconductor Employees Confirmed Passengers on Malaysia
> >     Airlines Flight MH370
> >
> >     AUSTIN, Texas--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Mar. 8, 2014-- Freescale
> >     Semiconductor (NYSE:FSL) has confirmed that 20 of its employees were
> >     confirmed passengers on Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 en route from
> >     Kuala Lumpur to Beijing. Twelve are from Malaysia and eight are from
> >     China. The entire Freescale Semiconductor community is deeply
> >     saddened by this news. The company is continuing to monitor the
> >     situation and will provide more information as it becomes available.
>
> Inquiring minds wish to know... was there a trade gathering of some sort
> in Malaysia in the days prior to the dissapearance of the plane?
> Alternatively, was there a trade gathering in China in the days after the
> dissapearance of the plane?
>
> But more importantly, were there other semiconductor workers on board the
> plane?

Hmmm, paranoid as it may seem but depending on the answer of your last
question and on whether among the employees was some person with key
knowledge... this could turn out to be a case of Bond-film like
kidnapping after all.
I can think of at least one leader who might have the means and
would not hesitate to do it if he believed they could pull it off.

Dimiter

Dimiter Popoff, TGI             http://www.tgi-sci.com
http://www.flickr.com/photos/didi_tgi/sets/72157600228621276/

FYI: Freescale are the maker of the Power Architecture
processors, the most advanced computer architecture known to mankind
(at least to me, OK, it is the architecture of choice in our products)
codeveloped by IBM and Motorola (Freescale used to be Motorola
SPS) and formerly known as PPC.

They have a large new series of very powerful devices just hitting the market,
targeting the high-end communications infrastructure etc.

Given that the Russians lately are trying to do cold war style bullying
the rest of the world again and that they are ages behind the US when
it comes to computer technology the scenario may seem not that
far fetched after all.
It certainly would do for a Bond film plot.