[ RadSafe ] Gamma Spectacular

Refael Srebro srebro at bgu.ac.il
Thu May 1 01:06:44 CDT 2014

Hi

I recently bought a new MCA "card", the price ~300 USA dollars!!!(www.gammaspectacular.com<http://www.gammaspectacular.com>)
So if you have a laptop and a detector you can build a mobile spectrometer for 300 $$.
The big idea is to use the sound card of the computer +free software to act as a MCA.
My first experience  is that it is very good for identify isotopes (ideal for students labs)
Calibration is a bit tricky but after some time spent with the system you can master it.
If you have experience with this system I need help with calculating activity.

Thanks

Rafi Srebro
Radiation Safety Officer
srebro at bgu.ac.il<mailto:srebro at bgu.ac.il>
Tel: +972-8-6461314 | Cell: +972-52-8795999

        [תיאור: תיאור: http://bit.ly/BGUsigEng]