[ RadSafe ] Agreeing with Franz on "dogma"

Peter Crane kinderhook46 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 19 13:02:01 CDT 2015

It's a pleasure to be able to agree with Franz for once. This use of loaded words such as "dogma" and "cult" to denigrate the LNT (and, on the other side, the hormesis theory) adds nothing to the debate. The propagandistic purpose is too obvious. Maybe that's OK if you are just preaching to the choir, since you are not out to change any minds, but trying to convert opponents by calling them cultists following a dogma? It doesn't work.

I'd love to know more about infighting in the Austrian bureaucracy, Franz. I thought the watchword there was Schlamperei, of taking things easy and not too seriously, but I suppose I'm forgetting my Kafka, plus the golden rule of organizations -- governmental, academic, etc. -- that the smaller the stakes, the more vicious the internal battles can be. By the way, if you know Bad Ischl, Villa Rothstein, my great-grand-uncle's summer home, was where my grandmother played as a child, back around 1901-1903. Das gibt's nur einmal, das kommt nicht wieder....

-- Peter Crane, Seattle
NRC Counsel for Special Projects (retired)