[ RadSafe ] Portable xray units for industrial radiography

Dahlskog, Leif Leif.Dahlskog at health.wa.gov.au
Thu Aug 27 21:50:25 CDT 2015

We have measurements of a number of units using a MDH ion chamber.

 XIT 250 kVp 5 mA unit;
 5.45 R/min at 1m.  HVL 0f 7.55 mm Al.

Rigaku 250EGS2 250 kVp 5 mA;
1214 R/min at 300 mm with 2mm Al filter removed.
With 2 mm Al filter in place 12.66 R/min at 1 m.

Sorry have no data on the more modern units such as the GE Eresco 300 kVp constant potential units but output could be considerably more.

Leif Dahlskog
Senior Health Physicist / Radiation Health Unit
Grace Vaughan House|227 Stubbs Terrace|Shenton Park WA 6008
T: +61 8 9388 4999|  F: +61 8 9382 0701