[ RadSafe ] Alleged Significant rise in ionising radiation in atmosphere over Southern California
rwhelbig at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 04:36:18 CDT 2015
for the actual report, also look at the About page - these readings
are being taken by Michael Collins and he may not really know what he
is doing, but claim to know everything.
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: nuclear-news <comment-reply at wordpress.com>
Date: Wed, Jun 3, 2015 at 11:27 PM
Subject: [New post] Significant rise in ionising radiation in
atmosphere over Southern California
To: rwhelbig at gmail.com
Christina MacPherson posted: "The first tests of summer also indicate
a high presence of alpha radiation which, by itself, comprised 75
percent of the overage with beta making up the other 25 percent.
Indeed, the alpha detected alone was over 168 percent of background
levels of radiat"
Respond to this post by replying above this line
New post on nuclear-news
Significant rise in ionising radiation in atmosphere over Southern California
by Christina MacPherson
The first tests of summer also indicate a high presence of alpha
radiation which, by itself, comprised 75 percent of the overage with
beta making up the other 25 percent. Indeed, the alpha detected alone
was over 168 percent of background levels of radiation.
While alpha particles are positively charged and are relatively heavy,
blocking them is easier than beta or gamma because they travel a short
distance before losing energy. Nevertheless, alpha radiation is
between 20 to 1,000 times more dangerous to the human organism due to
their “relative biological effectiveness” in causing cell-death and
cancer according to numerous sources.
Until the EPA ever gets its RadNet system fully operational, Americans
will only have a partial idea of how ‘hot’ with radiation its air is.
Failure to maintain this system leaves the country at a huge loss
should radiological releases happen due to nuclear plant malfunctions
and meltdowns as well as terrorism by an expanding list of American
enemies who vow to destroy it.
Alpha radiation clouds Los Angeles air, Enviro Reporter.com 3 June 15
The first summer air radiation analysis for Southern California shows
a significant uptick in alpha and beta according to a dust analysis
completed June 1. Results show radiation registering at 325.7 percent
of background levels.
This means that the dust reading in its entirety was over three times
background. The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency considers
radiation three times background or above to be “significant.” Read
more of this post
Christina MacPherson | June 4, 2015 at 6:27 am | Categories:
environment, radiation, USA | URL: http://wp.me/phgse-jEe
Comment See all comments
Unsubscribe to no longer receive posts from nuclear-news.
Change your email settings at Manage Subscriptions.
Trouble clicking? Copy and paste this URL into your browser:
Thanks for flying with WordPress.com
More information about the RadSafe