[ RadSafe ] p53 book

KARAM, PHILIP PHILIP.KARAM at nypd.org
Mon Oct 26 09:16:09 CDT 2015

For those of you who are interested in learning more about DNA repair, there's a great book called p53: The Gene that Cracked the Cancer Code, written by Sue Armstrong. I have to admit that, while I'd known that p53 was important in DNA repair, I hadn't known much more than that. This book really gets into the history of research into the p53 gene and protein as well as a lot of information on what we've learned about how cancer is initiated and progresses. I'm still reading it - I have about a third of the book to go - and I have actually found myself trying to finish a section as I walk up and down the steps to the subway platform (no falls yet).

So - for any of you who are interested in DNA damage repair, I can heartily recommend this book. Happy reading!

Andy

P. Andrew Karam, PhD, CHP
NYPD Counterterrorism
One Police Plaza, Room 1109