[ RadSafe ] 2016 Penn State Radiation Safety Roundtable

Jeff Leavey certhp at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 17:13:30 CDT 2016

Fellow RADSAFERers:

The Penn State EHS web site is still down but should be up soon. There are
still speaking slots available on the agenda so if you want to share some
of your experiences, lessons learned, or the status of current projects
please contact me (jal62 at psu.edu).

The registration web page for the 2016 PSU Roundtable is now open.
Unfortunately our PSU EHS web site is having problems so I’ve posted the
registration info below. I apologize for the length of this post but it’s
the only way to get the registration instructions out to you for now.

If you want a paper registration form please email me directly (
jal62 at psu.edu) and I will forward a pdf to you ASAP. Otherwise online
registration is now available.

Let me know if you have any questions and see you in September!

======================

*15th ANNUAL PENN STATE RADIATION SAFETY ROUNDTABLE, September 26 – 28,
2016*

The Penn Stater Conference Center

215 Innovation Boulevard, State College, PA 16803

*Please join us for the 15th Annual Penn State Radiation Safety Roundtable.
Please see the online registration link below. Further below is hotel and
travel information.  *

*This year’s Roundtable is closed to regulators.*

*Fee & Registration*

Please register by September 20. The radiation safety roundtable is $295
for the full conference fee or $145 for a one-day fee option. *You can
register online.  A printable registration form will be posted on the
Roundtable web site as soon as the site is back up and running (our apology
for the web site problems!).  You can also register by phone by calling the
conference center at *814-863-5100.

Or, please refer to the *attached “helpful hints when registering online
document”* and click here for online registration (credit card only):
https://register.outreach.psu.edu/portal/events/reg/participantTypeSelection.do?method=load&entityId=9727569

*Registration Policies*

Penn State Conferences will confirm your registration. You will be alerted
promptly of any cancellations or changes. If some unforeseen event forces
Penn State to cancel or postpone the program, you will receive a full
refund of your registration fee; however, the University cannot be held
responsible for any related costs, including cancellation fees assessed by
airlines or travel agencies. If your request to withdraw is received within
15 business days of the beginning of the program, we can issue a partial
refund. Send your written request by fax to 814-863-5190 or by email to
conferences at outreach.psu.edu. An administrative fee, up to $50, will be
charged for each withdrawal. Anyone who is registered but cannot attend may
identify a substitute. A full refund will be issued after the substitution
registration has been completed. A registration form and full payment by
the substitute are required. Substitutes are eligible to register at the
same fee. Penn State encourages persons with disabilities to participate in
its programs and activities. If you anticipate needing special
accommodations or have questions about the physical access provided, please
contact the conference planner at 814-863-5100 before your visit.

*Location and Accommodations*

*The program will be held at The Penn Stater Conference Center Hotel*, one
of the largest university-based conference center hotels of its kind in the
country. The Penn Stater, part of Penn State's Innovation Park, features
recently renovated rooms, extensive meeting facilities, and excellent
restaurants. Parking is free. Lodging reservations should be made at least
thirty days prior to the start of the conference. A limited number of rooms
have been set aside at the conference location.

*The Penn Stater Conference Center Hotel* (conference venue)

Rates: $125 single occupancy

Reservation group code: *reai16a*

Online reservations (enter group code *reai16a*):
http://www.thepennstaterhotel.psu.edu/ThePennStaterHotel/accommodations/index.cfm

Phone: 800-233-7505 or 814-863-5000

Fax: 814-863-5002

E-mail: reservations at psu.edu

For driving directions to the hotel, visit:
http://www.thepennstaterhotel.psu.edu/ThePennStaterHotel/directions-and-map/index.cfm

Group block will be released to the general public on August 26.

*The hotel offers courtesy airport pickup from the SCE airport by calling
the hotel at 814-863-5000.*

For additional accommodations options in State College, visit
http://www.statecollege.com/hotels/

*Travel*

By air: The State College/University Park Airport (airport code: *SCE*) is
located near the conference site. Call 814-865-5511 or visit
http://www.universityparkairport.com/ for information on flights.

By car: The University Park campus is located within driving distance of
many major cities, including Harrisburg (1.5 hrs., 90 mi.), Pittsburgh (3
hrs., 137 mi.), Philadelphia (3.5 hrs., 194 mi.), Baltimore (3.5 hrs., 155
mi.), Washington, D.C. (4 hrs., 190 mi.), New York City (5 hrs., 250 mi.),
and Toronto (6.5 hrs., 304 mi.).

By bus:  Greyhound bus and Megabus are available from major cities to State
College, Pennsylvania.

See http://www.psu.edu/visitors-and-neighbors for detailed Penn State
visitor information, including maps.

We look forward to seeing you at Penn State!

Jeff Leavey, CHP
Northeast Health Physics
www.nehp-rad.com
certhp at gmail.com