[ RadSafe ] Sad news to start off the New Year...

Egidi, Philip Egidi.Philip at epa.gov
Sat Jan 2 10:26:20 CST 2016

Sigh. I am working on a team that includes Gregg on a project in Vegas and was getting to know him. He was one of the good guys...

Phil Egidi...

Reposted from EPA email:

2015-12-31

All,

It is with great sadness that we inform you that our great friend and colleague, Gregg Dempsey, has passed away this morning.  Gregg has served and represented EPA so very well as RERT commander for over 25 years.  Gregg just celebrated his 60th birthday and was looking forward to getting back to work after undergoing back surgery earlier this month.  We will forward you any information regarding his services.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to Gregg's family and their friends.

Ed Wilds

Edward L. Wilds, Jr.; Ph.D.

Acting Director, National Center for Radiation Field Operations - Las Vegas

U.S. Environmental Protection Agency

4220 South Maryland Parkway, Bldg. C

Las Vegas, NV 89119

Phone: 702-784-8220