[ RadSafe ] Canadian Radiation Protection Association Annual Conference

sfisher373 at aol.com sfisher373 at aol.com
Wed Mar 2 21:37:44 CST 2016

The Toronto 2016 Canadian Radiation Protection Association Annual Conference date May 17-19, 2016 is approaching fast. We have confirmations from a series of guest speakers covering the three parts of the conference’s theme “The sky’s the limit: from space exploration to deep geological repositories”: radiation in space, deep geological radioactive waste repositories and the challenges of measuring radiation in extremely low background at 2000 m under the Earth’s surface.

The deadline for the abstract submissions for scientific presentations covering the full range of health physics and radiation protection has been extended to March 30, 2016.

Besides scientific presentations we will organize discussion panels covering the Canadian perspective on deep radioactive depository solutions, student involvement in radiation protection, medical applications and our traditional CNSC licensees-regulators debate.

Abstract submission guidelines can be found on our conference website.

Conference highlights:
The scientific tours will cover a range of research facilities in the Toronto area

As usual our corporate members will be present with exciting news and updates in the field of radiation detection and protection against the negative effects of radiation

A thrilling evening at the Hockey Hall of Fame is planned to tantalize your taste buds

Social programs will offer many ways for you to enjoy the Toronto night life

Come and discover ways to improve your practice and network with colleagues to find solutions to common problems. We greatly value your presence and contribution to our conference and look forward to seeing you in Toronto.

Sincerely,

 Valerie Phelan, MSc,CRPA(R)
 Chair, Local Organizing Committee