[ RadSafe ] Video of Meter

Bradt, Clayton J (HEALTH) clayton.bradt at health.ny.gov
Wed May 25 08:58:24 CDT 2016

Sandy,

I don't think the "current public" is not much different from any previous generation nor will it be from future ones. Expecting the majority of people to think hard enough about any subject to master it's subtleties is beyond any reasonable hope. Demagogues will always have the advantage over true experts.  Someone once said not to throw pearls before swine. Though I expect that the intent has been somewhat garbled over the past 2,000 years, I'm convinced that the speaker was getting at basically the same idea.

I think you are correct about speaking up when the opportunity arises. This will at least get the correct information out there and available for the few who are willing to make the effort to educate themselves.

Clayton

Clayton Bradt

Principal Radiophysicist

NYS Dept. of Health