[ RadSafe ] Fwd: After many years, some news on BNCT: Japan-IAEA cooperation

Chris Alston achris1999 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 29 16:33:24 CDT 2016

Jaro

As to GBM, I don't know.  But protons are now in (relatively) widespread
use, in the USA, and, if they're good for anything, it's head and neck
cancer.  Here's a representative site: http://www.pennprotontherapy.org/ .
Fortheir part, the Japanese are also putting a good bit of money into
"heavy-ion" RT.

P.S.  There is a paper in this month's, or last month's, *J Nucl Med* about
a radiopharmaceutical therapy (tx) for GBM, I believe.

Cheers
ca