[ RadSafe ] PSU Roundtable Update

Franz Schönhofer franz.schoenhofer at chello.at
Thu Sep 15 12:07:09 CDT 2016

Hi Dan,

May I help you to understand the outdated oldfashioned scientific units
which are still used in some underdeveloped and retarded countries. (This is
close to the wording of the military US genius Rumsford or similary who
accused Austria to be on that level, when we did not officially allow
USmilitary aircrafts to fly over Austrian territory on their way from
Germany to the near east war scenario. Why should we break our constitution
because a US secretary of war (sorry - defence) wants to save a little fuel
for his airplanes? Never mind, they traversed Austria anyway and showed the
well known principle of the right of the strong......)

Back from politics to scientific units. As a regular user of SI-units I
would still guess that the units were "Fahrenheit", its very funny history
can be looked up on Wikipedia. Even funnier is the unit "Reaumur". We should
be happy to have "universal" units, known all over the world and being the
same in any country or society - unless there is a specific country which
wants to demonstrate how special and superior it is over all other ones.
I'll write another comment to the discussion about USA and SI units.

Today I am inclined to joke - I celebrate my 72nd birthday..........

Best wishes

Franz