[ RadSafe ] PSU Roundtable Update

Jim Hoerner jim_hoerner at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 16 17:40:39 CDT 2016

> From: Franz Sch?nhofer <franz.schoenhofer at chello.at>

> May I help you to understand the outdated oldfashioned scientific units which are still used in some underdeveloped and retarded countries

Hi, Franz.

Like you, some of us old farts have used certain units for most of our careers.  We also do so for practical reasons.  The outdated and retarded computer codes that we use require inputs in certain units like nanoacre, or in my field, kW/ft and such, and they also report the results in similar terms.

But I work for an international company, and I am also conscious of the global environment we live in, so when I write a report, I either convert to SI units, or if my customer is US-based, I simply include both sets of units.  So for anyone who wants to change the world, that's how you go about it.

For the record, I was taught both sets of units in high school in the 80's, and have a preference for SI units, but I really don't care what units anyone uses as long as their answer is correct.  :-)

> Today I am inclined to joke - I celebrate my 72nd birthday..........

Happy birthday!   You have now had as much fun as three 24-year-olds!  I got you a screen cleaner for your birthday present...

http://pug-screen-cleaner.au.wmit.net/?pg=2

Best regards,

Jim

>Important!
>To keep threads/discussions more easily readable PLEASE observe the following guideline when replying to a message or digest:
>1. When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific than "Re: Contents of radsafe digest ..."
>2. Do NOT include the entire digest in your reply. Include ONLY the germane sentences to which you're responding.
>Thanks!

Did it!  :-)

--
Hold the door for the stranger behind you. When the driver in the adjacent lane signals to get over, slow down. Smile and say "hi" to the folks you pass on the sidewalk. Give blood. Volunteer.