[ RadSafe ] *** SPAM *** Re: LSC and chlorine

Franz Schönhofer franz.schoenhofer at chello.at
Fri Apr 14 11:23:43 CDT 2017

Spam detection software, running on the system "agni.phys.iit.edu", has

Content preview:  Joel, You pose an interesting question. There is a very simple
   answer to it: IT DEPENDS! As a chemist I am actually allergic towards such
   characterisations like "chlorine", "Caesium", "Strontium" etc. One should
   always specify the chemical form! So when you talk about "chlorine" what
  do you actually refer to? Chlorine as in sodiumchloride? Chloride as in carbontetrachloride?
   Chlorine as a gas? Or in your case I assume it is chlorine in hypochlorite
   solution. I have been working for decades with LSC, even after my retirement
   and I have been on a committee on swipe tests of the Austrian Standardisation
   Institute, where your problem did not directly emerge, but it is "good practice"
   and common sense to check after decontamination whether the surface complies
   with regulations. I would never take swipe tests when the surface is still
   wet with the decontamination liquid! I assume that all chlorine liberated
   during the application of the bleaching solution will have gone during drying.
   [...]

 pts rule name              description
 0.0 FSL_HELO_NON_FQDN_1    FSL_HELO_NON_FQDN_1
 0.2 STOX_REPLY_TYPE        STOX_REPLY_TYPE
 3.6 RCVD_IN_PBL            RBL: Received via a relay in Spamhaus PBL
                            [84.113.236.244 listed in zen.spamhaus.org]
 0.0 RCVD_IN_SORBS_DUL      RBL: SORBS: sent directly from dynamic IP address
                            [84.113.236.244 listed in dnsbl.sorbs.net]
 1.3 RDNS_NONE              Delivered to internal network by a host with no rDNS
 0.0 UNPARSEABLE_RELAY      Informational: message has unparseable relay lines