[ RadSafe ] liquid samples

JOHN.RICH at sargentlundy.com JOHN.RICH at sargentlundy.com
Fri Mar 3 09:18:00 CST 2017

I couldn't find and guidance regarding sample transport losses when
performing calculations for liquid (water) process radiation monitors.  On
the other hand,  there's a fair amount of guidance for particulate and
iodine transport losses where airborne process radiation monitors are
concerned.

The question is:  What is the consensus regarding extraction and transport
losses for liquid process radiation monitors?  The reason for asking is
that after too many years of not questioning liquid losses,  it seems like
this should have been considered back in the '60s and '70s, but I couldn't
find any documentation.  The usual rules for locating liquid extraction
points are written down, but the analogs of  extraction losses, plateout,
etc. aren't there.

Thx in advance  - -jmr,

John Rich
Manager/Consultant 2
Nuclear Power Technologies
Sargent & Lundy
55 East Monroe Street | Chicago, IL 60603
office: 1-312-269-3768 | mobile: 1-561-676-8144
email :john.rich at sargentlundy.com