[ RadSafe ] Neutron-Star Collision Reveals Origin of Gold, Astronomers Say

ROY HERREN royherren2005 at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 22 14:52:33 CDT 2017

Ok, for the sake of the purist I'll confess right up front that the following article is in many ways far off topic.

https://www.livescience.com/60701-ligo-neutron-stars-heavy-metals-gold.html?utm_source=notification

Neutron-Star Collision Reveals Origin of Gold, Astronomers Say

"When two neutron stars collide, there are two consequences theorists have predicted: The stars would generate the elements heavier than nickel and iron on the periodic table, and emit gravitational waves as they spiral inward".

  This article seems to imply that the majority of parent radioactive elements provably originated from Neutron star collisions.  I'm excited by this recent news because it seems as though we are living through a period of time about which entries will be made in future history books.  I cant help but wonder what new questions will be generated by this break through?  We are living in exciting times!

Roy Herren