[ RadSafe ] USDA Doc on Xrays

Edward Tupin edtupin at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 26 12:13:13 CDT 2018

I meant to say federal agencies are NOT bound by state regs. Sorry.
Ed

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Tue, Jun 26, 2018 at 1:12 PM, Edward Tupin<edtupin at yahoo.com> wrote:   I forwarded the info below to radiation safety at USDA. Will let you know what response I get. It appears to me to be an internal document for USDA use.
Remember, US gov agencies are bound by state regulations on using radiation producing electronic machines so they need to have similar agency specific policy documents.
Ed TupinEdtupin @ yahoo.com

  1. Anyone familiar with USDA and/or homeland security?
      (Ted de Castro)
  2. Re: Anyone familiar with USDA and/or homeland security?
      (Chris Alston)
  3. Fwd: Anyone familiar with USDA and/or homeland security?
      (Chris Alston)
https://www.dm.usda.gov/ohsec/rsd/xpe.htm#axe

Clients stumbled onto this website and think its some new requirements
for analytical x-ray machines - it appears to me to be an internal
document and not a regulatory document.

Can anyone clear this up for me?

Ted de Castro

Ted

It’s an internal regulatory document of the USDA.

Cheers
ca
> On Jun 25, 2018, at 10:13 PM, Ted de Castro <tdc at xrayted.com> wrote:
> https://www.dm.usda.gov/ohsec/rsd/xpe.htm#axe
> Clients stumbled onto this website and think its some new requirements for analytical x-ray machines - it appears to me to be an internal document and not a regulatory document.
> Can anyone clear this up for me?
> Ted de Castro

Yes, it’s seriously dated.  For instance, it apparently doesn’t recognize the existence of handheld XRF devices that use x-ray tubes instead of radioactive sources.

Cheers
ca