[ RadSafe ] Ni-63

Refael Srebro srebro at bgu.ac.il
Mon Sep 3 06:10:47 CDT 2018

Hi

I check ECD and sniffers  for contamination : smear test in liquid scintillation,
And in many of the  samples I find contamination above background . Most of the time it is less than 185 Bq
But in Israel when the sample is not taken directly from the source, contamination is defined , above 0.37 Bq.
It is Ni-63 (not noise or chemo luminesce)  .
The source is a sealed source so why after the instruments is used  I find contamination in the outlet or on the detector case ?

Thanks

        [תיאור: תיאור: http://bit.ly/BGUsigEng]

Rafi Srebro
Radiation Safety Officer
srebro at bgu.ac.il<mailto:srebro at bgu.ac.il>
Tel: +972-8-6461314 | Cell: +972-52-8795999