[ RadSafe ] WAYBACK survey instrument question

geoelectronics at rallstech.net geoelectronics at rallstech.net
Mon Sep 2 15:17:40 CDT 2019

Technical Associates made the TVX-1 1B85 and later TVX-1B versions, I've
worked on many of those and have some parts and manuals and pictures
around still. Later they switched to a folding arrangement which made
storage and transport much easier than the one piece, rather long unit.
At about the time of the physical change and slight electronics updates,
they went to LND 7311 2" pancake probes instead of 1B85's. "TVX-2000
X-Ray and Low Energy Gamma Survey Meter"
Each sensor had an LED located at the probe location to visually help
zero in on the source.

Naturally this was a finder instrument, if a leak was detected, it was
measured by a companion instrument, made by Victoreen, the 440-RF-x
series. We use the 440-RF-D version, a "Low Energy RF Shield Survey
Meter" based on an advanced vibrating reed (dynamic capacitor)
ion-chamber. Rated from 6 keV to 1.2MeV with correction charts.

George Dowell