[ RadSafe ] Disinfection of whole body contamination monitors

Cary Renquist cary.renquist at ezag.com
Wed Mar 4 15:22:31 CST 2020

Does anybody have experience with measures to disinfect Aptec/Argos/IPM monitors between users?
The primary concern is the face area, since one almost needs to be contact with the detector's protective screens.

In the past, we had Lysol/etc wipes for folks to use, but with the Covid-19 scare people are looking for something that might be more effective.
I would think that a spray would be effective and not likely to have negative effects on the detectors (perhaps a bit lower alpha particle efficiency), but was wondering if y'all had any suggestions.

Thanks.

Best regards,
Cary

---