Re: Nuclear power plants in Japan

>During the y2k weekend two Japanese nuclear power plants experienced
>difficulties.
>Could anyone tell me who manufactured the reactors, and what is the
>electrical output of each plant.

Sorry I can't give an exact answer and I actually killed a few pieces of
information on that (from MSN News) just before your email dropped in here.
I found the following today in the Japanese news (probably Daily Yomiuri -
can't find exact source at the moment and "must" rush to nice dinner):
"Since Jan. 1, 10 minor malfunctions have been reported at nuclear power
plants, nine of which were determined to be related to the Y2K bug." Search
among the links to the Japanese/English newspapers on my website:
http://www.geocities.com/bjorn_cedervall/
I think that one of the bugs concerned some control rods...

Bjorn Cedervall  bcradsafers@hotmail.com