Re: Radon in water by LSC (EPA Proposed Method)

Franz,

The protocol calls for a water immiscible cocktail.  In my experience with
water immiscible cocktail (mineral oil), I still had problems with quenching.
 I have found that some of the iron tends to stay in the oil phase (after the
initial mixing) and causes quenching.  The protocol recommends fixed windows
and does not take advantage of the methods you suggested, which I also prefer.

Regards, Bill

College of Public Health
University of Iowa
mailto:bill-field@uiowa.edu