From: bnasca@kcp.com [mailto:bnasca@kcp.com]
Sent: January 07, 2000 10:49 AM
To: Multiple recipients of list
Subject: WIPP -- Urgent Request

This message was forwarded for the RADSAFE community.

This is an urgent request.  At WIPP, the State EPA is trying to force us to
reopen every drum of waste to do recharacterization of the contents by
visual inspections.  We are looking for a way to quantify the risk to the
worker associated with the increased number of operations this situation
would create.   Is there a published or previously calculated probability
of
this risk based on the # of glovebox operations or the number of
throughput?
We are especially interested in a response from LANL and Rocky Flats.

Thanks for your help,

Belinda Niemi (Niemib@wipp.carlsbad.nm.us)
Engineer
Westinghouse Electric Government Services
Waste Isolation Division
Nuclear Safety Analysis