Re: Energy Dept. Halts Contaminated Nickel Sale

Is Public Citizen referring to material that is cleared for release using
NUREG 1.86 values (or ANSI N13.12) values as being "surface contaminated"
because they are above background, or does this refer to metal with surface
contamination above the 1.86 limits or ANSI N13.12 limits that will be
recycled?  I would assume that this is cleared material, but you know what
happens when you assume....

Phil Egidi
ORNL/GJ
7pe@ornl.gov