Re: Energy Dept. Halts Contaminated Nickel Sale

MdKent11k@aol.com wrote:

> You make it sound as though it is ridiculous to have to protect fifty year
> old technology.
>
> Might I remind you of two facts.  (1) Personnel inspecting Iraq's process
> plant's after Desert Storm said "they had worked in buildings exactly like
> the ones there with very small differences at various sites in the US
> program."  Iraq got the blueprints from "fifty year old technology";  (2) It
> worked for the US to build a bomb, so fifty year old technology or last years
> technology, if you can use it to speed up someone's making a bomb, why not
> spend a little extra time, and destroy it properly.

And since the process description for making these barriers has been
available in the open literature for decades (I remember it being
discussed in college), why not quit being silly and just dump this
obsolete stuff on the salvage market and save us taxpayers a little
money?  Or cut it up into souvenir sized chunks and sell it to those
of us that collect memorabilia from the cold war.

How to deal with the Saddamite and others like him:  A variation on
the Big Stick Doctrine - You build anything that we think
constitutes a weapons research or manufacturing facility and we turn
your country into an open pit oil well with green glass sides.  And
then do it.

John

--
John De Armond