Question about very strong Electric and Magnetic Fields

Could someone please direct me to a reference that would give me an indication of what kinds of acute health effects would be likely after exposure to very high strength EMF, especially those in the power-transmission frequencies?  I am looking for something that will tell me how strong a field would need to be to induce serious health problems.  At what strength do thermal effects become noticeable, if any, at these frequencies?  I can find lots of sources referring to lower strength EMF fields, but I can't seem to locate anything about really strong fields.  Please help.

Hans J. Messersmith
hmessers@isdh.state.in.us
Indoor and Radiologic Health
Indiana State Department of Health