RE: Russia: Iran May Seek More Reactors

In the RBMK design, the fuel rods can be shifted while the reactor is still running.  It is pretty strange to stand in the control room, knowing the reactor is running, and watch on the video monitors as people walk around on the top of the reactor (what the Russians call the bio-shield).

"Franta, Jaroslav" <frantaj@aecl.ca>
Sent by: radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu

18-01-00 05:13 PM
Please respond to radsafe