Re: Public Hearing to Consider Nuclear Waste Shipments Through St. Louis and the Midwest

At 03:57 PM 1/19/00 -0600, you wrote:
>Wednesday January 19, 11:49 am Eastern Time
>
>Company Press Release
>
>Public Hearing to Consider Nuclear Waste Shipments Through St. Louis
>and the Midwest

>--   In addition to the rail shipments, between 670 and 1,010 truck
>shipments from Florida nuclear reactors would also travel through St.
>Louis on I-70 and I-270.

I always thought the shortest distance between two points was a straight
line?  Why ship something through St. Louis from Florida to Nevada?

Tad Blanchard                   NASA-Goddard Space Flight Center
Sr Health Physics Tech           Code 205.9, Greenbelt, MD 20771
Parallax, Inc                                Phone: 301-286-9157
A Member of the OHI Team                     Fax:   301-286-1618
            mailto:tmblanch@pop200.gsfc.nasa.gov
http://gsfc-aphrodite.gsfc.nasa.gov/205/205-2/Health/RADPROT.HTM