Re: Clarification: Efficiency for detection of Tc-99m

John,

Do you need to know efficiency for Tc-99m in vivo also?
Or just the surface contamination?

Vivo or Vitro?
That one always was a hard one for me to remember.

1. For in vivo:
Assuming that you know how much Tc-99m was administer.
The only way to know the true "EFFICIENCY" per administer unit.
Just calibrate the (GM) Pan Cake for each procedure.
The size and sex of the patient will make some difference too.
But that all just does not make sense. Why do you need that?
You have the imaging camera. What possibly could have more efficiency.

2.
Surface contamination.
I always used 1%. It is not so important to know that its 0.5 or 1.8%.
Most of times, as you of course know, nobody is cleaning Nuc.Med. Tc-99m
spills. So
you wait until it drops to "BGRD"

If I REALLY need to know the efficiency.
I would just calibrate one meter.

I hope, this will help but not confuse.

Emil.
kerembaev@cs.com

In a message dated 1/21/00 7:37:17 Pacific Standard Time,