Re: Hormesis - medical benefits?

Jim,

Thanks for the information.  My example was about high dose total lymphoid
irradiation to suppress the immune system.

I have always been intrigued about the individuals who spend time in the
radon mines "spas" in Montana and then report improvement of their arthritic
symptoms, lupus, etc.  Since rheumatoid arthritis is an autoimmune disease,
it almost makes me wonder if their radon exposure is suppressing their immune
system in some fashion rather than boosting it.

Do you have any insights into this?

Regards, Bill Field
College of Public Health
University of Iowa
bill-field@uiowa.edu

In a message dated 1/27/00 1:06:13 AM Central Standard Time,