Don't support S.1287 and H.R.45

Supporting Yucca mountain isn't Pro-nuclear, it's anti-nuclear. For what
they have spent on Yucca
mountain to date, they could have reprocessed all the fuel or had France
do it. Yucca mountain is claimed to be the solution to spent fuel but
really it's just playing the anti-nukes hand by killing the reprocessing
option. It's funny, I've seen nuclear industry honchos saying
reprocessing is stupid. I guess that's why everybody but the U.S. does
it. What the nuke industry needs to be arguing is that the fossil fuel
industry is opting to change the environment rather than have their
place in the energy world replaced by a technology that doesn't require
selling 50 billion barrels of oil a day. Then they need to point out
that burying spent fuel just creates a huge plutonium cache liability
for the future.

Just some thoughts,
Joe Archer