Re: In-Flight Radiation, again

----- Original Message -----
From: <ROBBARISH@aol.com>
To: Multiple recipients of list <radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu>
Sent: Sunday, January 30, 2000 5:36 AM
Subject: In-Flight Radiation, again

>None of these
> frequent flyers will ever receive the 50 mSv US occupational limit or even
> the more restrictive 20 mSv European Union occupational limit.

Only to correct one point:

The great majority of countries follow the ICRP recommendations. Also the
IAEA Basic Safety Standards is based on the ICRP recommendations in large
extension. This means that there are countries other than European Union
that adopted the 20 mSv occupational dose limit before than European Union,
which regulation will be in operation next may 2000.

Jose Julio Rozental
rozental@unisys.com.br
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil