Re: Anti-radiation article -Thoughts please!

> Comments please!
>
> Your thoughts on the following (anti-radiation) article would be
> appreciated!
>
> Deaths per million workers
> per year, worldwide:
>
> Manufacturing workers                  110
> Construction workers                    164
> Radiation workers @ 3mSv       5,500
> Radiation workers @ 20mSv  37,500

Do these statistics only include "deaths by radiation-induced disease" or do
they also include industrial accident deaths?  Also, what timeframe are they
from?  The early mines (and NOT only in the radiation industry) were not
exactly safe places to work.  I understand that even with modern advances,
mining remains one of the more dangerous occupations as far as industrial
accidents are concerned.  Including the deaths from accidents in early
uranium mines would significantly increase the number of "radiation worker"
deaths.

Laura