Re: Toxic Trivia

	About 50 years ago, I had a great deal of experience with the
volatility of Po atoms produced in a cyclotron, one atom at a time. I can
testify that these Po atoms are extremely volatile, coating the walls of
the building and everything inside. Before leaving the
building, we had to spend a considerable effort on decontamination,
washing our hands with potassium permanganate and then citric acid.

Bernard L. Cohen
Physics Dept.
University of Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh, PA 15260