Re: Contaminated Residential Waste from I-131 Patients

As usual Carol's comments are excellent.

carol marcus wrote:

Maybe the National Academy of Sciences could get a contract to make standards for
garbage dumps and incinerators, as waiting for the NRC appears to be a lost
cause.  Maybe there are even better ways.  However, keeping every atom out of the
dump or incinerator isn't one of them.

As I suggested in another post, ANSI N13 or the HPSSC is the appropriate
organization to write the standard.  Jack Fix is the chair of the HPSSC.  Joe
Ring is the chair of N13.  Their communication information is in the HPS
handbook.  If anyone thinks a standard is appropriate, either contact one of them
or tell me and I can pass the info on (although I'd rather be out of the loop).
Al Tschaeche antatnsu@pacbell.net

begin:vcard
n:Tschaeche;Al
x-mozilla-html:FALSE