re: Re: The FEAR is Our own worst enemy. (Re)

Oh but Al, other industries or individuals do want to have regulations to the
point of zero risks. Take for instance the "food industry." Several people a
year die from food poisioning. There is a movement to have all food irradiated
to save tens-of-lives each year. Of coarse, if regulations required that all
foods be irratiated the cost of a few thousand $4 to $6 million dollar
irradiators would be small compared to even one life being saved. What, you
scoff and say it's not worth it. What if your son, daughter, wife, husband,
mother, father, etc. died from tainted meat that could have been "purified"
with radiation. When it comes to "food irradiation," "nuclear power,"
"political power," or  "any special interest" follow the money.

Show them the money and they will show (snow) you the logic.

Sanity is rare when it come to fear of death and/or greed. But hey, all this
is only my opinion and most if not all is said tounge in cheek.

John P. Hageman, CHP, Radiation Safety Officer, Southwest Research Institute,
6220 Culebra Road, San Antonio, TX 78238
Ph: 210-522-2633, Fax: 210-522-5720, jph@swri.edu