In-house Leak Tests of Gammacell 40

Radsafer's

Does anyone have any experience with performing your own leak tests of Nordion Gammacel 40 irradiators. Our Radiation Safety Office has experience doing leak tests on blood irradiators and Co-60 Teletherapy units. However, we have been told that the gammacel 40 has to have access panels removed and attached cables disconnected.

Any experiences anyone can share would be greatly appreciated.

Mike Kelly, CHP
Radiation Safety
University of Louisville