RE: I-125 Training Material

Amersham published a nifty little lab manual entitled "Radioiodination
Techniques" by A. E. Bolton (Sheffield, U.K.)- which has been on my book
shelf for about 15 years - I suspect it was published in the mid-80s, as the
most recent article cited in the reference list was dated 1984.  It has a
lot of very useful technical information about working with iodine labelled
compounds, including a section on radiation safety aspects.  Contact your
Amersham rep. - the company used to provide this and other quite useful
monographs free for the asking.

H & H Scientific Consultants (HHSC) published in 1985, Occupational Hygiene
Monograph No. 13, 1985 "Health Physics Aspects of Radioiodines" by David
Prime (university of Manchester).   Another useful HHSC publication is
handbook no. 14 "Radiation Protection: Handbook for Laboratory Workers" 2nd
edition 1995 by Connor and McLintock. I have a number of HHSC handbooks on
my shelf, and they are excellent inexpensive little  publications, full of
useful technical and radiation safety info, although the British regulations
and some of their standards are a bit different from those in Canada and
presumably, from those in the U.S.

Both can be obtained from:
H & H Scientific Consultants
P.O. Box MT27, Leeds LS17 8QP, UK
website:http://dspace.dial.pipex.com/hhsc/

tel: +44 113 268 7189
fax: +44 113 268 7191

Hope this is helpful. Have a great weekend, everyone!

Karin
Karin Gordon RTR, RTNM, RTT
Radiation Safety Office
Winnipeg Health Sciences Centre