Legacy codes&potatos.Re: Tritium in old nuclear weapons

You are absolutely correct!
And more..it is not a joke.
The total amount of produced potatoes was considered as a classified
information in the Former Soviet Union because it was a "strategic"
information.
It may still be considerate a classified information, according to the rule
of law, just nobody is interested in potatoes of nonexistent country, except
historians, perhaps and those guys who is watching. Andy, you are right when
you said"...your words of caution
are worth noting, the effects of tritium in nuclear weapons are well-known
and freely available". The "big brother" is always watching.
I am not even talking about anything which has words nuclear, radiation or
tritium.
I told that once, in good (for some it was really good, no kidding) old times
of the cold war, anyone with those words in the job description was
considerate domestically almost as a national hero status, worldwide
tradition. What can you say more about the information classification deal?
For me it is absolutely two different things: one give the EXACT data about
the legacy codes, another to have a general discussion about a cool nuclear
stuff.
For you it is the same.
Because you may have no idea what is the difference, perhaps.
Perhaps, you know the difference, but just have some other motives, perhaps.
But remember, the Chernobyl accident data was and some even now still would
be considerate as a classified information.... Classified my xxx.
To much classified stuff creates the atmosphere of the irresponsibility and
cover up.
This is a historically known fact.

Nothing above, has been written with intentions to be taken as a personal
matter but as public policy practices.

Happy Wednesday to everyone.

Emil
kerembaev@cs.com